Some rather sad Internet geeks (tongue firmly in cheek) have managed to unearth some rather worrying and humorous (for all the wrong reasons) PowerPoint presentations that Sarah Thomas has made regarding MTAS in the last few years. The above image is taken from this rather embarrassing slide show. I have stored two more of her gems here and here.
The more I flick through these slides, the more I am shocked by the casual jokey nature of the presentations and I get the distinct impression that Sarah Thomas was in such a state of denial that she never entertained the possibility that her hair brained scheme was doomed to fail. Events have proved her to be very wrong indeed, whether this was down to stupidity or downright arrogance I do not know. It may never be known how much pressure was put on her from above to drive this idiotic reform through.
Competency based selection
- Establish key competencies using thorough job analysis involving stakeholders & experts
- Develop work-relevant exercises testing POTENTIAL in key competency domains
- Multiple assessment, multiple assessors
- Each competency assessed 3 times
- Each exercise demonstrates 4 competencies
- Assessment exercise / competency MATRIX
Today the results of a National Poll conducted by Prof Morris Brown et al were released. Over 80% of juniors and consultants wanted a consultant boycott. Only 15% of those who took part chose the MTAS one interview approach. Just one final prophetic slide:
I have gleaned from this research that MTAS is indeed shit and should be flamed.